Tuesday, October 12, 2010

About my school






















At my school our teachers taught me to really love books. Last year in 2nd grade Miss Karen read many stories by Roald Dahl and he is my favorite writer. Once I heard his stories I told my mom and dad I wanted to read them all. When I was trying to think of an idea for my peace project I drew this picture of the spirit of Roald Dahl. In my drawing I was reading and he gave me an idea to grow a library.
Here are some pictures I made of his characters from the Fantastic Mr. Fox and the BFG.
This is what I mean when I tell you that when you read books you get good ideas.






































I go to the San Diego Cooperative Charter School and our principal is Dr. Wendy. We think our school is special because the students, teachers and parents care about it and each other. I think our peace project is a really good idea and I can't wait to see what the other kids want to do. I asked mom who was in charge and she told me his name is Superintendent Bill Kowba and we are a public school of the San Diego Unified School District. I am going to need to draw some pictures for him and have my friend Pierre make a poem to tell him about our idea to grow a library.

Our teachers have books in each of their rooms but there is not a real deal library at our school. I wish there was a place we could all go before, during and after school and sit and read books.


We have art with Miss Bell [that is her jumping high] and music with Mr. Michael each week and this makes learning so much fun. We fixed up our school and changed the way it looked when we got it. The children and parents planted gardens with flowers, fruits and vegetables and we can go and relax there. My dad is an artist and he has designed 3 murals that we have painted together with the families at our school. I think they are beautiful and I wanted to show you so you know about my school.

I think we should have shelves of really good books to read and ones with fantastic drawings and paintings. I want soft, comfy chairs where I could sit and be quiet and just go places in the books. That is why I want a library for our school and it is my project. I think kids at other schools should have libraries in their schools too. They could check out books and bring them home and read and draw ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment